Effective Date: July 1, 2017
What Types of Information Do we Collect About Our Users?
- Other Information. “Other Information” is any informationthatdoes notreveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiableindividual. This might include, for instance, browser and deviceinformation; App usage data; information collected through cookies, pixeltags, and other technologies; demographic information and other informationprovided by you; or aggregated information. We use this information tofacilitate our operation of the Sites and for other purposes describedbelow.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assignedto the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server logfiles whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit andthe page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practiceand is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services.We use IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Sites, help diagnoseproblems with our servers, administer the Sites, and monitoring the regionsfrom which you navigate to our Sites.
How Do We Collect Information?
Personal Information. We and our service providers may collect PersonalInformation in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites: We may collect Personal Information through theSites,e.g., when you request a free trial or demo, register for a webinar, contactus, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers),or register to use our Sites.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, suchaswhen you attend one of our events, during phone calls with salesrepresentatives, or when you contact customer service.
- Through You: We may collect information such as your location or yourpreferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it. Unlesscombined with Personal Information, this information does not personallyidentify you or any other user of the Sites. Note that there is no legalobligation for you to provide us with Personal Information and anyinformation collected by us will be provided by you at your own will andwith your consent.
- Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability toproviderelevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we may obtain informationabout you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketingpartners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
Other Information. We and our service providers may collect OtherInformation ina variety of ways, including:
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected bymostbrowsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media AccessControl (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Apple), screen resolution,operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language,Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites(such as the Apps) you are using.
- Through Your Use of the Apps: When you download and use an App, weandourservice providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date andtime the App on your device accesses our servers and what information andfiles have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: Cookies and othersimilartechnologies may be used to collect Other Information. We may use thirdparties to serve advertisements on other websites that may be of interest toyou, based on information collected about your use of our Sites and otherwebsites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookieon your browser (including through the use of pixel tags and web beacons).We do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms,which may include ‘do not track’ instructions.
We also use web analytics services, which currently include Google Analytics.Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc.("Google") and may also use analytics services provided Piwik.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to sendyou requested materials and newsletters, as well as information andmaterials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, informationregarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To communicate with you and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS incompliance with applicable laws, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products andoffers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similarpromotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities haveadditional rules, which could contain additional information about how weuse and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you readthese rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoringand prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifyingour Sites and services, identifying usage trends, determining theeffectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding ourbusiness activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law,including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legalprocess; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authoritiesincluding public and government authorities outside your country ofresidence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect ouroperations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights,privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you or others;and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages thatwe may sustain.
How Will We Share Personal Information We Receive?
Subsidiaries and Affiliates:
Third-Party Business Partners:
We partner with a variety of businesses and work closely with them to market orsell products or services. In certain situations, these businesses operatewithin the Sites. We may disclose Personal Information to our partners for thepurposes described above. Some of our third-party business partners mayco-sponsor events and other offerings with Us. We may share Personal Informationwith these co-sponsors when you sign up for events or offerings to allow ourpartners to send you marketing communications and information that may be ofinterest to you, as permitted under applicable law.
Agents and Service Providers:
We may contract with other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalfand may share your Personal Information with them to provide products orservices to you, or to otherwise communicate with you, such as to providemarketing or offers on our behalf. Examples may include removing repetitiveinformation from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance,conducting billing, processing credit card payments, engaging technical supportfor our services, providing customer service, and performing analysis related toour products or services. We may also provide your Personal Information toagents and service providers to verify or compile aggregate usage data that weprovide to our partners. When we share this information in this way, we seek torequire the agent or service provider to maintain the privacy, confidentialityand security of the Personal Information.
We may share Personal Information with business partners or other third partysponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
Blog and Social Media Pages:
Personal Information may also be disclosed by you through the Sites, on messageboards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are ableto post information and materials (including, without limitation, our SocialMedia Pages). This information may appear in public ways, such as through searchengines or other publicly available platforms, and may be “crawled” or searchedby third parties. Please do not post any information that you do not want toreveal to the public at large.
In some cases, we may buy or sell assets or businesses. In these types oftransactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that istransferred. We may disclose Personal Information to a third party in the eventof any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, orother disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock(including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Protection of Us and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe that release is necessary orappropriate (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country ofresidence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests frompublic and government authorities including public and government authoritiesoutside your country of residence; (d) to enforce or apply our conditions of useand other agreements; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of ourAffiliates; (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damagesthat we may sustain; and (g) to protect the rights, privacy, property, or oursafety, or the safety of our employees, our Affiliates, our users, or any otherperson or entity. This includes exchanging information with other companies andorganizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any otheruser of the Sites. We may monitor your use of our Services and compileinformation about such use, Personal Information and Other Information and datain an aggregate and anonymous manner to derive statistical and performanceinformation related to the provision and operation of the Subscription Services,or related to any other matter, and may make such information publicly availableor privately available to third parties, provided that such information does notinclude any data that would enable the identification of you or your PersonalInformation, or the disclosure of Customer Confidential Information. We retainall rights, title and interest in and to such statistical and performanceinformation.
How Do We Use and Disclose Other Information?
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we arerequired to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat OtherInformation as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it forall the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information(such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do, we willtreat the combined information as Personal Information for as long as it iscombined.
How Do We Secure Personal Information About You?
We have implemented organizational, technical, and administrative measures toprotect Personal Information within our organization, including securitycontrols to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonablesteps to secure your Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference andunauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware nosecurity procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100% secure fromintrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharingPersonal Information online. If you have reason to believe that your interactionwith us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of youraccount has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance withthe “Questions, Concerns and Complaints” section below.
How Can I Access, Correct, Amend or Remove Information About Me?
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use ordisclosure of any Personal Information about you that has been collected andstored by Us, please notify us at email@example.com that we may consider andrespond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the PersonalInformation associated with the particular email address that you use to send usyour request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing yourrequest. We will respond to your request within 45 days.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeepingpurposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requestingsuch access, change or deletion.
For How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Information?
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information. However, if you elect to do so,we may be limited in responding to your inquiry or providing services toyou.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages from Us or our Affiliates byunsubscribing through the unsubscribe or opt-out link in an email. We will tryto comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please notethat if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may stillsend you important administrative messages.
Can Children Use Our Sites?
The Sites are not intended for minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly orspecifically collect information about minors under the age of 18 and believethat children of any age should get their parents’ or legal guardians’ consentbefore providing any Personal Information. If you believe that we havemistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may delete the information from ourservers.
Third Party Sites?
Similarly, please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use anddisclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) ofother organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or anyother app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operatingsystem provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, includingany Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or inconnection with the Apps or the Social Media Pages.
We ask that you not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g.,social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin,political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or geneticcharacteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or throughthe Sites or via other means.
International Transfer of Data
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where wehave facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Sitesor disclosing information to us you consent to the transfer of information tocountries outside of your country of residence, including the United States,Australia, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Japan, and the UK, which may have differentdata protection rules than those of your country or the country in which youwere located when you initially provided the information.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, orcomplaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, pleasecontact us by email at email@example.com, or by mail at 225 Thomas Ave. N.Minneapolis, MN 55405 ATTN: Privacy Officer, Legal. Because email communicationsare not always secure, please do not include credit card information or othersensitive information in your emails to us.We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessedby an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely andefficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process andprovide us with any relevant information that we may need.